Monday, September 7, 2009

Raining Cats and Dogs

The other day I was telling my parents that I want a puppy, a kitten, and a new horse. To all of which they said, Hell No, and if I brought any of the above home I would find an eviction notice tacked to the door of my room. Sigh.

When they said that I responded, "Well, what would happen if we were all sitting outside and a hawk flew by and dropped a kitten at our feet. Would you let me keep it?"

My parents rolled their eyes and shook their heads.

"And what happens if a nice horse just happened to run up our driveway, with its papers tied around its neck, ready to show."

To that they responded, "Whatever, Deana."

I know that wish sounds crazy, but it's actually possible. We have a hawk family living on our property, and they could swoop up a kitten and a puppy from someplace and drop it here. And a cow that ran away from the rodeo ran up our driveway one time and literally jumped into our pasture. That's how we got Juanita the cow. So, the horse story is not out of the question.

Yesterday my mom and I were out in the barn and she saw something ruffling in the bushes. "What's that?" she said.

So I went over to the bush. And guess what I saw.

A kitten.

"Mom, it's a kitten!!!"

My mom came over to see. "How did a kitten get here?"

"The hawk must've dropped it." I said.

The kitten was scarred and wouldn't let us pet her, but she wasn't wild. We fed her and she ate. Poor thing was so hungry.

"I swear, Mom. I didn't plant this kitten here! Now, just don't be surprised if the hawks drop a cute puppy next!"

So, looks like I have a new kitten. I have decided to name her Tonya. I hope my other cat Gwen doesn't mind too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment