Sunday, June 7, 2009

Coffee Filters and One Liners

This morning I woke up after a night of hard partying with my Sactown homies (I was out until 11:30, way past my bedtime) in need of coffee. Big time. Mama didn't mess around when it came to drinking her Gin last night.

I grabbed the bag of coffee filters and realized that only a few were left. Shoot, I thought. How many coffee filters do I have left? Will they make it through the week?

Here's the thing. When I had a job, I would drink coffee at the office, and only really brew coffee on the weekends. That damn bag of coffee filters has pulled me through since I lived in my Trinity 'Hood condo with you-know-who. Why, oh why, was that bag going to fail me now! Especially when we were in the home stretch, and so close to the finish line.

I counted them.

And from the looks of things, after Tuesday, I'll be filterless. As in, I'm-not-going-to-go-to-the- store-to-buy-a-bag-of-coffee-filters-when-I'm-moving-on-Saturday, and my parents have a never ending supply at their house.

No comments:

Post a Comment