Monday, June 1, 2009

Hard Candy Christmas

I was singing on Myspace Karaoke (don't judge), and came across a great song that I remember from the musical movie "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" staring Dolly Parton. If you haven't seen this movie, rent it ASAP. This is also the movie where the hit "I Will Always Love You" originally came from.

The song "Hard Candy Christmas" is my new theme song. Here's the set up: The Whorehouse has been shut down, so Dolly (the madam) had to give all her working girls pink slips. So, the song starts as the newly unemployed (theme here...) whores try to figure out what they're going to do now that they've lost their jobs. If my life was really a musical, this is probably the song I would've sang while driving home after getting the ax at work...

Oddly enough, this song now hits the radio during Christmas season. I guess anything with the word Christmas in it makes it a Christmas song. But, it's not a Christmas song. It's the anthem of unemployed woman.

Here's the song and video clip from the movie. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment